Sunday, February 13, 2011

Don't Get Behind With Roundup-Resistant Pigweed, Says Arkansas Farmer

From February's National Conservation Cotton and Rice Conference in Baton Rouge, Louisiana:

Wayne Wiggins, of Arkansas, said herbicide-resistant pigweed appeared on his farm rapidly. “I was just stunned at how fast it came on.” He said it’s important to talk with neighbors about their weed problems and be prepared for resistance issues. 

“You’ve got a narrow window. When you get behind, you are over and done.” Wiggins said he uses atrazine on corn for its residual effects. “I’ll use a residual on all my bean fields this year.” 

He said rice is a good rotation crop to address pigweed, but the weed must be controlled on levees.

Source:

1 comment:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.
    Pendant Lights

    ReplyDelete